Speaking to people in defense of keeping print copies of newspapers available, I have made a pretty good case in defense of the DEMAND SIDE of the market which has been deliberately curtailed by big fat pigs at the top with a love for money narcissistic and self-centered attitude who simply wish to line their pockets with a USA Today approach like Pravda of Moscow and not considering other aspects about how they can make money with PRINT copies of newspapers. They DELIBERATELY began to remove the one unique thing which sold newspapers and kept circulation numbers up. I have been validated with reports from the broadcast media and other sources. These are not just NEWSpapers, but local NEWS & INFORMATION papers. These are UNIQUE to local newspapers as the Mustang is to the Ford Corporation. Would Ford DELIBERATELY get rid of a product which is unique and put in place something which like USA Today and tell all the local people to go to hell and just read USA Today online.
Because that is what is being shoved down the faces of the demand side of what is SUPPOSED to be a truly capitalist market (not supply side Reaganomics which is NOT capitalism and almost as bad as centrally-controlled government of communists in the Soviet Union) the ultimate result is a destruction of
- LOCAL NEWS & INFORMATION & PUZZLES
- LOCAL CALENDARS
- LOCAL ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
- LOCAL OBITUARIES (we think Legacy replaces this? go to h-e-double hockey sticks because one needs an obituary NEWS source which provides the information, especially when one is new to an area and is not on the list of the cliques in town to be informed; Legacy plays another good role AFTER learning of the death of someone
- LOCAL WEDDING REVIEWS
- LOCAL CLASSIFIED ADS
- LOCAL STUFF LIKE
- RESTAURANT REVIEWS
- THEATER & CONCERT REVIEWS
- LOCAL MUSIC REVIEWS
- LOCAL ART EXHIBIT REVIEWS
- LOCAL CONSUMER REVIEWS of LOCAL BUSINESS
- LOCAL TV & RADIO SCHEDULES & INFO
- LOCAL COMMUNITY CIVICS REVIEWS (not politics)
- LOCAL REVIEWS OF LOCAL POLITICAL CANDIDATES so as to keep people informed and not just listening to the BULLSHIT from news media which agrees and MIGHT NOT be the TRUTH; RESULT of such media? a population which is so stupid they cannot differentiate from right and wrong and digs in its heals with by maintaining the stupidity and a lack of knowledge; what is missing is the ability for people to know what is going on locally in POLITICS, whether at the village, town, county, city, or state
All in this list plus MORE than what is in this list. The news & INFORMATION, not spread all over so as to search with a lousy Google search engine.
When the demand side of capitalism answers the way the big fat pigs with mansions hope they would do – stop reading the new versions of what are called local newspapers, they stop reading and search other sources where they are not TAUGHT but just look for what is in agreement. Yippee! Then the fat pigs of supply-side newspaper industry Reaganomics can say, “look —— NO ONE IS READING NEWSPAPERS!” Bullshit. When you take away the sections and parts which sold newspapers, no one WANTS to read them. No surprise. The fat pigs are doing this to the newspaper industry so they can fill their GODDAMN pockets more than others and don’t have to figure out a way to lower overhead or other means. Ask me. I have a few suggestions for lowering overhead. But these bastard pigs modeled after Putin refuse to listen.
How many times do I get dildo heads who stand up for this supply-side Reaganomics? All the time. And I get insulted by such people. Those who are wealthier than the rest of us simply defending the wealthy and using facts about how circulation has declined. Of course it has declined. When the content is condensed, why would it not decline? Even if The New York Times DOES NOT condense its content, people are NOT being taught to read to learn, but to read to be entertained, as a result of those newspapers which DO condense the LOCAL news. Besides, The New York Times is not just local but is a better national style news than any of the others, especially on Sundays. They might have a large market of digital-loving bastards who want technology for the sake of change. But they don’t take into account the ones who don’t want to go to the trouble and expense of maintaining the freaking technology which is like a little baby, needing constant attention and resources. The New York Times in print and all we have to do is sit down and read it, not spend most of our time trying to figure out a technology and Internet which is very low quality and lacks any intuitive ways because computers and the ones providing such to the consumers are stupid. And with gray hard-to-read lettering and really lousy brightness, besides the size of the print, one has to try to face a technology which sucks because it lacks any intuitive ways about it. Setting up device XYZ12334555. Or IP SHOCHOIJS10320kpf;jsakljoip. What the hell is all that supposed to mean to consumers? Go f yourselves with that bullshit, especially for those of us who are visually impaired and have one more impediment to it all and no one willing to service and maintain such device on the Internet and on a regular basis. More people are scammers out there with their hacking and sniper-based cowardly way just to see how well they can trip up the demand side of the market. This is a barbaric picture of people who don’t give ONE DAMN about one another in America. They don’t CARE and simply scoff at those of us who complain. Or ask, “are you ok?” At the time we complain. YES. I AM OK. IT IS THE GODDAMN non-human devices which are NOT OK and the fat pigs who push their national news on us in digital form and with no concern about the demand side of the market because they could no longer earn their GODDAMN money by sitting on their buttes in a lazy fashion.
My newsprint costs
- Sunday newsprint newspapers: $494.00 annually
- Newspapers five or six days of week: $680.00 annually
- Total: $1174.00 (without delivery, add the freaking gasoline costs a consumer might have: $300.00 (est.)
My technology costs
- Technology maintenance & replacement: $500.00 annually
- Internet and phone. About $3000.00 annually
- Printing & scanning costs: cartridges & paper, etc.: $300.00 (est.) annually
- Other costs est. at $200.00
- Time resource to print ONE article from The New York Times or the Washington Post (etc.) lacks an intuitive touch, perhaps due to the freaking lawyers funneling and wanting to protect royalties, salivating at finding another way to make money with nickel and dime approaches. Compare this to clipping and printing newspaper copy on a copying machine. Less time in attempting to learn the lack of intuitive approach to do what is needed – with print newspaper. The lack of an intuitive approach to scanning or printing digital copies and no reasonable comparison to copying the newsprint, except the cost of paper and cartridges. Freaking lawyers in the newspapers disgust the consumer because they probably don’t like the fact that some individual in a household is copying for THEIR OWN personal use what comes from a print newspapers. Their greedy, money-loving narcissistic self-centered eyes widen with dollar signs from digital.
- Constant problems and time spent on fixing problems of technology: 4 to 6 hours in one day’s time, with no assistance (would pay) for regular examination of the problems, while those in the cliques get their own private help and don’t wish to share it
- Total est. annually for digital: $4000.00
Digital itself costs almost four times as much. Almost 2/3 more for the digital. Add to that the additional times for buffering which is comparable to a 1950s vacuum tube television startup time, plus other problems which are CONSTANT, not just isolated – some est. to be from sniping types of hackers who are nothing but cowards and don’t get stopped by law enforcement which might be more interested in treating those in the black community in a lousy manner.
Meanwhile, the consumers are being screwed. Some behind the cash register complain in stupidity about the price of $6.00 for a newspaper. Look at these costs and compare these costs outlined above.
And the insulting of me for complaining about being FORCED into reading digitally. No concern for fellow human beings, but just thinking from their own narrow perspective of life: me, me, me, and that’s all. One who states, with blinders on, “her perspective,” knows more about the lack of readers of newspapers than I do who can outline a very wide perspective about this isse, but get insulted instead.
Others with wealth who insult me. Perhaps favoring the legal system. Perhaps defending the system to which one works with technology and wants technology for the sake of change (me, me, me) and does not wish to acknowledge those of us who find CONSTANT and CONTINUOUS problems and expenses of technology and are not WEALTHY enough to spend the money nor the time resources on this, preferring reading the newsprint instead. We are insulted by such people who call themselves Americans. But if they think they are friends, who needs enemies? We would ask for assistance, but the ball is still in our court unless such people live with us. Not sure such people wish to do that. Narcissistic money-loving self-centered asses who don’t give one damn about their fellow human beings. Freak such people with narrow perspectives and blinders.
Local news broadcasts in one-half hour? Great for some small minded people who don’t want to learn what is going on. How many items in the list of local news and information entities above.
There are solutions to this so as to make this a consideration of true capitalist supply AND demand, but no one wishes to consider anything but freaking lousy ideologies with the spinning of a false sense of what capitalism is about by anti-communist jerks on the supply-side Reaganomics fat pigs at the top.
- Save newsprint by using tabloid sizes
- Offer free copies of newspapers at schools, colleges and universities; I have witnessed college students reading newspapers under such conditions; the fat pigs may not be able waddle as much with loaded pockets, but such an increase in circulation can help bolster advertising rates
- Offer lower prices to consumers who purchase subscriptions for print copies and don’t want the digital (perhaps the GODDAMN sports industry had ought to differentiate between on-demand sports such as football or baseball, rather than a subscription, as was done at one time with attendance at live games; another pet peeve of mine)
- Have delivery people at busy intersections with newspapers at a very low cost – ANYTHING to increase circulation which is the driving force behind advertising. More circulation, more readership for which advertisers can benefit and be willing to pay decent prices for the advertising
- Garage and yard sale kits for placing classified ads
- Other free offers for placing advertising
The problem with such solutions? The fat pigs don’t care whether they can lower overhead, just to fill their pockets in easy ways and without having to deal with overhead. They don’t earn money the old fashioned way because they expect to take money in any way possible, like a Trumpster who needs to be in a dumpster and carried away.
The demand-side consumers will purchase the newspapers, should the local content not be condensed in such manner as what has happened want a source of local news AND information which brings local news and information in ONE SPOT, not sprawled all over the Internet and a search engine. It is also easier to go through the white pages of a phone directory, rather than the stupidity of search engines which are designed to pull names and addresses of those who are wealthy and pay at the beginning of a search result list. Again. Based on freaking lousy supply-side Reaganomics, not true supply and demand capitalism. If someone objects to my pointing out true capitalism of supply and demand are lousy humans who likely prefer centralized communism or any anti-capitalist idea beneficial to wealthy pigs. They are stupid people.
I will continue to be adamant and stand my ground against any form of supply-side Reaganomics which is truly Hitler-style business which we don’t need in America. I will not tolerate insults from stupid and sometimes wealthy people who don’t give a damn about my own desires which make my life happy, as well as the lives of countless others. So, Gannett, you can screw in your laziness to eliminate print copy deliveries. I have offered to help deliver newspapers from another newspaper, as they advertised the need for delivery persons. I have YET to hear back, so they can all go screw themselves, as well as those who insult me by DICTATING what we Americans SHOULD be receiving in digital. Go screw and go to h-e-double hockey sticks – by putting them where the sun don’t shine – and that might be in a coffin. How dare people insult me. How dare they do that to provoke anger, mockery, and taunting. This is my country, too, and I demand the freedoms we have with SUPPLY AND DEMAND capitalist considerations. I am serious about this and find no one to have proof that we MUST have digital. You have no proof, except the words of money-loving narcissists only.