19 July 2011
To those people who believe it is “unfair” to be paying for Medicare which also pays for abortions and Planned Parenthood, I say: get a life.
Here are a few of the things which I find “unfair,” yet I am forced to pay for these things anyway:
- Roman Catholic church channel on cable television
- Fundamentalist church channels on cable television
- Fox “Propaganda” News
- All sports on cable television rather than a “pay-as-you-go” system which was around in the 1970s when I could CHOOSE to attend a Syracuse Orangemen football game in Archbold Stadium rather than paying all of the NCAA, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and what not – through my cable television bill
- Censorship on television I watch
- Making the American Dad look stupid in sitcoms on cable television
- Stupid political advertisements which make derogatory statements about the people and issues I choose to support – hoping I will conform because I pay for this shit on cable television – so “if you can’t beat them, join them!”
- Stupid political advertisements about how wealthy people are more intelligent than the common folk (yes, indeed, I have viewed such a heinous ad)
- Thrillers, Suspense movies – the stuff with blood and guts all over the cable television screen
- Violence on cable television
- War and the murder of innocent people
- Lawyers fees paid through higher insurance premiums
- Paper-pushing non-productive jobs in insurance companies (particularly in healthcare)
- Accountant and lawyer fees due to the myriad loopholes and deductions in a very stupid income tax system
- Supplies for my education classroom
- Increased homeowners’ insurance premiums, even after paying thousands of dollars over 40 some years
- Increased health insurance premiums for my son
- Increased insurance premiums paid after never receiving a DIME after investing in the premiums for some 40 years
- Decreased FICA in Jan. 2011 due to a wimpy president and the stupidity of ideological jerks in the Republican Party – which threatens my INVESTMENTS I have made over 40 some years – INVESTMENTS which stupid ideological bastards in the Republican Party call, “entitlements.” I am entitled all right – to the MONEY I INVESTED in the hopes of reaping a RETURN ON INVESTMENT OVER THE LONG TERM
- CEOs who receive bonuses they don’t deserve and a pay rate differential from the common American from what it was in the 1970s
- My tax dollars to banks which refuse to help those of us who have paid our bills responsibly over 40 years and find the unresponsible Americans currying more favor than we receive
- The 13% interest I paid on my mortgages in the 1980s after Ronald Reagan promised to reduce interest rates – in order to defeat Jimmy Carter for the presidency
- Increased prices on the NEEDS of the consumer (the demand-side) due to the EXCESSIVE GREED of the supply side who look at the continuing DEMAND for NECESSITIES like housing (rent, too), food, healthcare, energy heating and cooling human needs, and education as a reason for jacking up prices – because the demand will always be there – and re-creating the mercantilist / feudal landlord system of the Middle Ages – DESPITE evidence that society was better without such horse shit economics
- Monetary support of regimes in Pakistan and the Middle East – especially those who funded Osama Bin Laden; in fact, any foreign funding while America’s infrastructure crumbles and we have nothing left to deal with crisis situations
- Money paid to immigrants which is derived from MY government investments into Medicare and Social Security (oh, yeah, many are Roman Catholic who will support the Roman Catholic takeover of our government – the conformity which will create utopia and which I do not support)
- Monetary support for the anti-competitive pro-monopolistic measures of big business which contain people who are cowards to compete with Fidel Castro and Chavez head on – and prefer to remove competition rather than meet it head on
- Monetary support for drilling oil in this nation rather than keep our oil as a “savings” account and invest in non-oil energy products and make such products more competitive
- Monetary support for continued monopolistic ventures in electricity rather than truly opening up the field of energy to competition which will help drive down prices – competition between electric and propane gas, natural gas, and other sources which will provide the necessary cooling and heating for basic human needs
Is this list long enough? Oh, it’s not? Well there are more items to add to this list.
A Church’s Negative Role Model
The Roman Catholic Church stood complacently by as Adolph Hitler took countless lives and plunged Europe into a war. Let me remind folks that the opposite of love is complacency, not hatred. Hatred was what the masses of people had to contain as it raged inside them, particularly the European Jews, among other groups.
The Roman Catholic Church never excommunicated Hitler or Mussolini, either.
As a Protestant, I don’t believe in excommunication because it’s done by a bunch of men who believe they are gods in the flesh. My grandmother, the daughter of a Methodist pastor, always reminded me of this when she said, “judge not lest you be judged.”
Like the Methodist Church (unfortunately), the Roman Catholic Church remains steadfast in insisting that being gay is a sin and turning to look the other way at promiscuous sex in the heterosexual community. Ironically, these churches endorse promiscuous homosexual sex, too, as many in the gay community attempt to reduce promiscuity by encouraging monogamous marriages. Makes sense, right?
The kicker in all of this is the Roman Catholic practice of excommunication. It encourages the hatred which can fester and grow in homophobic men (and perhaps women) who are uncomfortable with their own sexuality. How? Because Hitler avoided excommunication while gay pastors and men do not. The message from this heretical church is this. You can murder and steal (and do other things), therefore breaking the 10 Commandments. The church does not care. But be a homosexual (like there is some kind of choice – NOT!), and we will go after you. Then the people who witness this idiocy within the church feel they can be nasty to their fellow human beings who are gay.
Peace be with you.